Limping Toward Justice

An international accompanier's account of her time in a Colombian community engaged in non-violent resistance to the decades old armed conflict.

"Justice...limps along, but it gets there all the same." -Colombian Nobel Prize winning author, Gabriel García Márquez

Saturday, August 25, 2007

how it feels


This is what the last two months have felt like. This picture taken from atop the chivero last week is the best I can do at present moment. It isn´t that the chivero is moving all that fast, or that it is my first time on riding on the roof. But the expression on my face, a mixture of surprise and joy and holding on for dear life while knowing that at any moment our progress could be halted for a number of reasons, is the best metaphor I can offer to describe this life as it currently feels. More to come.

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are an amazing human being, I'm at a loss of words to describe the admiration that I feel for you, I came across your blog by pure coincidence and spent more than 3 hours reading it, I went to Colombia 3 yars ago, in fact i fell in love with it!!!but I never came across this horrible reality that is the war. It seemed to me as if people in Colombia "choose" not to see this reality, very sad.
Well I just want to thank you for inspiring me and giving me a new reason to think about Colombia to be my future destination and for showing me an opportunity to make a difference, even if it is a small one.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Me said...

Yes AJ. YOU ARE ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS.
Miss you--BC is 3-0 and kicking ass!
xoxo
SGM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home